Anything that you’ve invested in is worth looking after. We apply this mantra to the clothes in our wardrobe, our skincare routines, maintaining a glossy head of hair and most definitely, our shoes!
There are a few things you can do to help keep your gorgeous Upper Street shoes looking as perfect as the day they were delivered to your door. With this in mind, we thought we’d share our top ten shoe care tips.
1. Always store your shoes in their cotton pouch to avoid possible colour transfer from other materials.
2. To keep your shoes sparkling clean, just gently remove any dirt with a damp cloth. Keep leather shoes supple by applying a nourishing colourless shoe cream every now and then.
3. Be extra careful with suede – simply use a suede sponge or brush to keep them clean.
4. Try and avoid wearing your Upper Street shoes in very wet conditions – whilst spraying regularly with waterproof protector will guard against staining, it won’t actually waterproof them.
5. If they get do caught in an unexpected rain shower, always leave them to dry naturally where possible.
6. Natural materials will wear over time so make sure you repair your shoes at the first sign of damage to either the soles or heels.
7. Better still think about preventive care – our master cobblers are always happy to help with additional services such as adding a rubber sole or metal tap.
8. If you have a pair of beautiful patent shoes, store them wrapped in tissue paper to avoid static and take extra special care if you have chosen to adorn your shoes with beautiful gems or studs.
9. To keep your shoes in perfect shape put shoe trees inside them and use a shoe horn to avoid damaging the backs.
10. And finally, give your shoes a breathe now and then. Although it’s tempting to wear your favourite pairs everyday, it’s better to alternate them.
Upper Street shoes come in a huge range of sizes from the petite 33 (UK 1.5) to the generous 43 (UK 10) with 4 width fittings. We also offer free alterations to fit and we’re so confident that you’ll love your final design that we’ll refund you if you don’t!
To book an appointment in our London Studio, email email@example.com or call us on 0845 680 9365.
If you can’t make it the studio but still want to see our full range of luxurious materials, visit our Upper Street Swatch Store.Whether you’d like to experience the richness of our suedes, feel the silken quality of our sumptuous Italian satins or visualise our glossy patents as a shoe, you can order as many swatches as you want!